Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Wreath

I hope you all are enjoying the fall colors.  I've seen the beginnings of color around the last few days.

I've completed my second lolli wreath, this one a gift for my mother-in-law's birthday.
Supplies... Stampin' Up! Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper and coordinating Regals Card Stock, Antique Brads, Soft Suede 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain ribbon, Simply Scored, Big Shot and Circles Scallop #2, Scallop Circle Punch, 1/2" & 3/4" Circle Punches, Dazzling Details, Crystal Effects, Sticky Strip, Hot Glue (to attach to wreath frame)

Process... For a large lolli, use a 2" wide strip about 14" (yes, you will have to attach two pieces to achieve this length).  Small lollies can be cut a variety of widths from 12x12 card stock or Designer Series Paper (11" or 12" is plenty for the smaller sizes).  Score one side of the paper every 1/2" starting at 1/2", then flip and score every 1/2" starting at 1/4".  Fold accordion style and attach ends with Sticky Strip.  Gently fold and manipulate to lay the lolli flat.  Punch out 2 circles to use as a stabilizer - apply crystal effects to area near lolli center and on the circle.  Place circle to cover center of lolli and apply pressure for 30 seconds to set the adhesive.  Flip and place the other circle.  Again apply a bit of pressure or put under a "heavy object" to set.  Repeat for layers.  Use hot glue to attach the lollies to the wreath frame.  Contact me with questions.

I really liked the way my wreath frame worked out - the first one I used, I cut too small from a thin cardboard.  The frame below came from a store and I covered it using scrap fabric cut into bias strips.  From a past project, I still had spray adhesive in my closet - worked great.

  

Individual lolli close-ups...

Crystal Effects gives the shiny dimension on the leaf.

Dazzling Details used to outline the leaf and give the sparkle.

Antique brads as centers.

Happy Crafting!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment