Friday, October 26, 2012

Scraps, reuse, easy project...

How much do you recycle or reuse items in your craft room?  I do hold on to paper scraps and often wonder "Do I need to keep these scraps?" or "Am I ever going to use these?"  The picture below is a work in progress using scraps of  Whisper White card stock.



Having flipped through the 2012 Holiday Catalog many times, I wanted to create several projects from the sample on page 7.  Below is the first almost completed project.  To make, I looked through my stash of gift bags and found a few that I could "reuse".  This bag has a glossy finish so I stamped the images on Whisper White card stock scraps and punched them out using the coordinating punch pack.  To be sure the images didn't come loose, I coated them with Crystal Effects.  (The bottom row is finished.  The others did fine as well, though I do recommend using a paint brush to smooth it out.)  


Supplies...
Stamp Sets: Merry Minis, Pennant Parade
Card Stock: Whisper White
Classic Ink Pads: Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, So Saffron, Early Espresso
Stampin' Write Markers: So Saffron, Primrose Petals
Tools: Merry Minis Punch Pack
Accessories: Crystal Effects

I will use this concept several more times in other formats.  Be watching for more pictures.  Please call me for any idea coaching or supplies you need!

Thanks to Michèle Bastien's "Carte Noël" card on Stampin' Connection for the idea to use the Merry Minis Stamp Set.

No comments:

Post a Comment